Tek Experts is a leading global provider of technical support services. We turn cases into experiences for deeper customer connection to drive loyalty, renewals, and growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Java Developer
Job Location: Lagos
- We’re seeking a diligent developer to design and maintain software and applications.
- The role will require effective and ongoing collaboration with computer scientists, web developers, and our clients to provide scalable applications with a high standard of UX.
- This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively
- Developing IT software solutions including APIs and microservices
- Participate in and support the Agile framework roles of planning, programming, testing, and analysis
- Provide ongoing level 2 support for IT software solutions
- Participate in technical workshops and learning sessions with IT support stakeholders to ensure the continued stability and availability of developed software solutions
- Define and implement detailed specifications in line with business requirements as informed by company and client needs
- Troubleshoot obstacles and errors quickly and effectively in a scalable fashion
- Actively seek out and implement improvements to process and development practices
- Fulfill additional tasks as required by direct management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another related field
- At least 4 years of direct programming experience
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills as well as an ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple projects simultaneously and to a deadline
- Fluency in the Java programming language and the Spring framework and direct experience with Microservices and API development
- Basic knowledge of Middleware administration and Linux operating system commands
- Direct experience with MVC design patterns, enterprise integration patterns, and software project build tools such as Maven
- Experience using web technologies including JSON, XML, SOAP, and REST Web Service implementations
- Previous use of Structured Query language and major databases (Oracle database, MYSQL database, and MSSQL database) as well as the Spring Boot and Apache Camel Framework
- Experience in the finance or fintech sector is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Professional fluency in English is vital, both written and spoken.
- Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.