Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Server / Desktop Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- This is an excellent opportunity to put your diverse and niche skills to use and contribute to a project that will significantly have a huge influence on the capital market. If you are currently seeking for a new project and you meet the requirements listed below, please apply.
About the Job
- We are looking for a Server / Desktop Engineer
. You would be responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners. This position reports to the Team Lead, Infrastructure.
As a member of the Technology Support & Infrastructure department you would also be responsible for the following:
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
To successfully deliver these goals, you must have the following relevant experience & qualifications below:
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or Physics will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organisation preferred.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: email@example.com with the subject title “NGX Recruitment – Server / Desktop Engineer”