Adexen was mandated by an international organisation to recruit an experienced individual for its operations in the position below:
Job Position: Service Support Manager (IT)
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Category: Business Development
Employment Type: Full time
- Manage the team responsible for handling all IT related issues and requests and liaise with Group Service Desk and Incident Management teams to ensure trouble tickets and incidents are acted upon within specified time
- Manage a team of Support personnel who provide End-User-Support (EUS) to internal customers in all Group locations across the country
- Provide direction to team members to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of EUS operations
- Act as the major incident manager in the case of a major incident affecting service within the organization and to provide active management of incident diagnosis and resolution
- Co-ordination, analysis and reporting of incidents raised through the Service Desk and support the development of processes, procedures and tools to achieve the control required for incident management.
- Provide technical information, customer assistance, and solutions to technical problems across sections
- Manage the single point of contact for handling all IT related issues (first port of call in all hardware, software and network related faults and requests, including change requests).
- Ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time
- Monitor the process of escalating reported incidents to third party vendors.
- Ensure the preparation and presentation of periodic management reports on the activities of the service desk and incident management.
- Champion the motivation and skills enhancement of team members.
- Manage relationship between Bollore service providers and third-party software and hardware vendors to ensure effective end-user support
- Initiate and coordinate communication process and procedures with end-users usually at high-level
- Develop innovations for training end-users on self-help tips necessary for first level resolution of end user problems.
- Ensure previous incidents are averted and ensure that there is an effective database of information about previous incidents available to the first and second level Help Desk staff to assist in resolving similar incidents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar senior posiiton within an international organisation
- Relevant Certifications of the related field of study will be an added advantage
- Troubleshooting network devices hardware and software
- IT Infrastructure; implementation and installation
- Customer Service and Delivery
- Large team management experience is required.
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.