Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant Paediatrician
Reference Number: CP00001
Job Location: Abuja
- Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the Consultant Paeditrician will be responsible for providing medical care for children from birth to early adulthood Examines Paediatric patients and performs or orders diagnostic tests.
- Diagnoses and treats the injuries and illnesses of babies, children and adolescents Prescribes medication and orders appropriate treatments.
- Advises and collaborates with patients’ families to educate them about various conditions and how to minimize their impact on children’s health Records diagnoses and recommendations in charts and records Works with other healthcare professionals, including Paediatric nurses and nursing assistants to administer care.
- Examines infants and adolescents to evaluate their growth and development
- Evaluates patients to diagnose injuries, illnesses, and developmental problems
- Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests, such as lab work and X-rays, to gather medical information and reach a diagnosis
- Prescribes or administers treatments, such as medications, vaccinations, and other therapies
- Gathers and documents patients’ medical histories
- Advises patients and their families on proper diet, exercise, and disease prevention and treatment
- Discusses procedures and test results with patients and their families or guardians
- Tracks patients’ conditions over time and adjusts treatments as needed
- Documents diagnoses and medical impressions for record-keeping and billing purposes
- Performs rounds at hospitals to monitor patients
- Manages nursing staff and delegates tasks appropriately
- Refers patients to Paediatric Specialists as needed.
- MBBS or equivalent
- 1 – 5 years Post Fellowship
- Valid license to practice and board licensing from MDCN
- Fellowship of the National Post-Graduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Physicians (WACP)
- Proficiency in patient charting and knowledge in relevant charting computer programs (software) i.e. helium plus.
- Compassionate and personable with exemplary beside manners
- Sound judgement and expert decision making abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and laboratory information systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] in the subject line please include your name, title of position, and reference number; i.e. Consultant Paediatrician #CP00001 – Applicant Name.